My Top 10 special needs gratitude list.
(No particular order)
1. Doctors who check their emails on a regular basis
2. Friends and family near and far who show up on your doorstep in times of need or stay up late replying to emails or PMs
3. Typical kids who stop to say hello to my son (and their parents for raising them this way)
4. 15 minute chair massages
5. My Walgreens who knows me and will leave the pharmacy room to grab a couple of items in the store for me when going through the drive thru with Jack
6. Restaurants that have kid menus with pictures of food
7. Washable bed pads – enough said
8. Jacks teachers (present and past), therapists, and physicians who see his strengths and support his needs
9. Respite even if it means 15 minutes in the shower alone
10. My mini van, yes I said it
Happy Thanksgiving, and take time to be grateful for the little things!